Day 5: I believe

I believe:

·      Learning is a life long process.

·      Everyone is both a teacher and a learner.

·      Learning is collaborative.

·      It is essential that teachers foster collaboration, creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking.

·      The most learning takes place in a safe and comfortable environment where students feel love and supported.

·      Mistakes are inevitable and are a product of learning.

·      Everyone is capable of learning.

·      Learning needs to be authentic and purposeful.


   For my final project, I am planning to implement an online technology resource to help me create and manage a classroom library because I am switching grade levels next year. In creating this project, I thought of many of my ideas that related to what I believed about best instruction practices for reading. 


  •    I believe all students should have access to a variety of books that allow them to see themselves through windows and mirrors.
  •   I believe students learn best when they take ownership of their learning
  •  I believe students learn best when they are able to collaborate and discuss. 







Comments

  1. Hey Tayla,

    I love the juxtaposition of the two websites you hyperlinked into your blog. Very well-rounded like I imagine your classroom teaching style is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your 'I Believe' statements because they are so deep and rich. I may cut and paste them beneath my own list because they resonate so deeply!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Dangerous of Digital Native Label

Day 4: Digital Tool- Kahoot