I believe: · Learning is a life long process. · Everyone is both a teacher and a learner . · Learning is collaborative . · It is essential that teachers foster collaboration, creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking. · The most learning takes place in a safe and comfortable environment where students feel love and supported. · Mistakes are inevitable and are a product of learning. · Everyone is capable of learning. · Learning needs to be authentic and purposeful. For my final project, I am planning to implement an online technology resource to help me create and manage a classroom library because I am switching grade levels next year. In creating this project, I thought of ...
Similar to most adults my age, I grew up watching and collecting Disney movies on VHS. I spent most rainy Saturdays cuddling up on the couch watching Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, or Snow White. Although I frequently watched these movies with my entire family, I was not raised to celebrate or obsess over Disney or the Disney princesses. As a child, I was never referred to as a princess. I did not own princess dress up clothes. Even as a young child, I was taught that princesses stories were not based in reality. My parents did take me to visit Disney in first grade because they did believe it was a part of childhood. However by third grade, I was taught that princesses were for younger children and that I should focus more on realistic stories, sports, and school. My parents were very clear in teaching me the message that life is not always a happy ending and that girls could be strong and independent from men. Although my parents purposefully taught me thes...
For today's blog, I decided to explore Kahoot ! To be honest, I picked Kahoot because it was brand new to me and the name itself intrigued me. Kahoot is an application that allows teachers to create and administer polls, surveys, and ask questions in the style of a game show! On the plus side it is also free! Prior to today's exploration, I had previously looked at and tried out different polling type applications and game show apps. However, I often found them cumbersome or difficult to use. As a result, I often relied on PowerPoint to create engaging game show style review games. However, I still found making Power Points time consuming and I just don't seem to have enough time to include them as much as I would like. I first went to kahoot.com and was impressed by the clean lines and simple interface. I simply clicked the sign up button. I was easily able to create an account by creating a username and password, providing an email, and selecting the school and gra...
Comments
Post a Comment